Mulu World Heritage Area Accommodation
|TYPE OF ACCOMMODATION
All private rooms have air conditioning and ceiling fans and private bathroom
|ROOM RATE PER NIGHT
Price inclusive 6% SST and excludes RM10.00 Tourism Tax
|Park Head Quarters
DELUXE Garden Bungalows
|Double bed and a single bed
Bungalow room (max 3)
|Park Head Quarters
STANDARD Longhouse I OR Longhouse II
|4 single beds in each room (max 4)
Family room – 1 double and 3 single beds (max 5)
Rm340.00 4pax Rm375.00 5 pax
|Park Head Quarters Rainforest Lodge
||2 single beds.
||Rm268.00 1 pax
Rm312.00 2 pax
| Enquire now
|Park Head Quarters
Hostel 20 beds
|Dormitory style with 20 single beds
- Ceiling fan only
- Shared bathroom (hot water) and toilet
|RM 55.00 per bed per night
Notice – Attention all prospective Hostel Guests!
We are currently in the process to upgrade our ablution facilities in the main hostel. Hostel accommodation we have will be temporarily available in the newly renovated Melinau Hostel (in the future it will serve as a separate hostel just for ladies).
During the upgrade, we have no choice but to separate female/male guests due to the limited space in the accommodation. Management apologies for the inconvenience.
**Please state your gender when booking the hostel.
- Deposit 25% from total booking
- Check in 2.00pm, Check out 10.00am
- The number of people in any room may not be more than the number of beds. This is to ensure that we comply with fire, safety and health regulations
- If you no longer require your accommodation then you must cancel at least 7 days consecutive days (365 days office) before 9.00am of the date of your reservation. If you fail to do so then there is a 1 day cancellation fee.
- If when you arrive in Mulu you decide to change to another facility without this 24 hour notice, then when you arrive in the Park you will be required to pay the cancellation fee prior to going on tour.
Deposit & Refund Policies
Your transferred deposits to the Park will be subjected to bank related charges (bank costs, transfer fees, currency conversions). Should you cancel your booking, our cancellation policy apply. The refunded amount by the Park to you will also be subjected to these charges, which will be deducted from your deposit.
Sales & Services Tax (SST)
- The government of Malaysia has announced that the implementation of Sales Tax and Service Tax (“SST”) will take place on 01 September 2018, replacing the existing Goods and Service Tax (“GST”).In line with this proposed change in the tax regime, it is anticipated that it may have certain implication towards our line of products and services specifically in relation to the pricing.
- The Government of Malaysia has implemented a tourism tax for accommodation establishments in Sarawak, as from the 1st of September 2017. The tax implication implies an additional RM10 per foreign customer per room per night. – Price above is EXCLUSIVE RM10 Tourism Tax
- Accommodation is offered at Park Headquarters and includes a set breakfast. All linen is provided in the rooms, if you are staying at Camp 5 bring your own towel, sleeping sheet or bag and food.
- Children under 6 years sharing a bedroom with parents (maximum 2 children per room using existing beds) are charged RM 22 per person for breakfast only. Applies only to private rooms at Park HQ. Excludes Hostel, Camp 5 and Summit Huts.
- For safety reasons cooking is NOT permitted in the rooms at Park HQ.
- Camping is NOT allowed in any places inside the Mulu National Park.
- On the morning of departure please pack and return your room key before leaving on any activities. Checking out late may mean you need to pay an extra fee. There is a store room near the office where you can leave your bags (In house guest only). We hope that you enjoy your stay with us.
Café Mulu is open daily from 7.30am and last orders by 8.30pm.
The cafe is located at Park Head quarters and is an open air restaurant serving a range of local foods including forest vegetables such as ‘Paku fern’ and western dishes. Due to the isolation and sometime limited access to some produce, the availability of dishes may vary.
The outside patio is a great place to relax and read, meet other travellers, play some of the games provided or just relax with a cold beer or a fine wine.
Don’t forget to visit the Mulu Discovery Centre which is adjacent to the dining area, it features the biological and geological story of the park via information boards, video presentations and a library of resources books for you to read is available in Front Office.
In the gift gallery a range of hand turned wood work, t-shirts and postcards unique to the Park are on sale as well as examples of local handicrafts, books, paintings and local carvings.
For those who are planning overnight treks to the Summit or the Pinnacles, groceries suitable for camp cooking are on sale. The Café staff can also help you with some fresh items such as eggs, bread, fruits and vegetables – just ask for their advice.
Gas cartridges are available for the portable cooking stoves used by those climbing the Summit as wood fires are not permitted and of course you are not allowed to bring gas with you on the plane.
The Gallery is open from 8am and closed at 6pm
WE INVITE YOU TO ‘DISCOVER THE DIFFERENCE AND UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE’ BY VISITING OUR DISCOVERY CENTRE
There is so much to do in Mulu, so spend a few minutes when you arrive in the Discover Centre to get a bigger picture of the incredible diversity that surrounds you. Information panels provide an over view of Mulu as a World Heritage Area, the protected areas of Sarawak, the geology and bio-diversity of the park.
So relax and enjoy your visit to this amazing place but also take some time out to learn why Mulu is one of the WORLD’S BIODIVERSITY HOT SPOTS
Daily access to Wi-fi can be purchased from the Park Office (8am – 5pm) for a nominal fee per device.
The broadband is limited in this region and the fee helps to manage the usage.
Garden Bungalow room
Longhouse Family room
Longhouse I & II
MULU MARRIOTT RESORT & SPA
Experience 5-star luxury in a lush tropical rainforest with Mulu Marriott Resort & Spa in Malaysia — just five minutes from Gunung Mulu National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Your adventure begins with a scenic trip from nearby Mulu Airport to our enchanting Sarawak resort and spa, beautifully designed in the style of ethnic longhouses. Wake each morning in a luxurious room suspended on a walkway set in the forest, newly refurbished with Wi-Fi, satellite TV and upscale amenities. After an al fresco breakfast, discover Mulu National Park’s collection of rare birds, wildlife and exotic plants and the world-famous Mulu Caves. Then relax in our Balinese-style spa, outdoor pool or on your private balcony overlooking the rainforest or the scenic Melinau River. Our airy spaces include a spacious lobby, banquet hall, riverside bar and business centre and we offer features such as gourmet dining and cultural performances, making us an unforgettable venue for events from conferences to grand weddings.
For a sneak preview of what we will look like please refer to our website- www.mulumarriott.com or you can book directly through: