*per person includes guide and longboat fees.
DURATION: 4 hours - DAILY tours
START TIMES: 08:45/09:15
WHAT TO BRING: Swimming costume
Cash (Batu Bungan market)
- Cruise up the Melinau river in a longboat and visit a Penan longhouse & market at Batu Bungan (market not open on Sundays).
- 2nd stop at Cave of the Winds where you have to negotiate a long ramp and a few stairs.
- 3rd stop Clearwater where the subterranean river emerges from the cliff face. Take 200 stairs to enter the cave to marvel at the Monophilia Pendula endemic to Mulu. Clearwater is one of the biggest cave systems in the world, measuring over 220km in length.
- Swimming inside the cave is not permitted, however a cool down in the natural crystal-clear waters at the picnic deck is a must. Float with the fish and enjoy the rainforest around you.
- The Park tour does NOT include any food & beverage, feel free to bring your own. Café Mulu sells packed lunches on request.
- PLEASE BRING YOUR EMPTY TINS/PACKAGING BACK WITH YOU TO HQ as per World Heritage prescription.
- Toilets and a designated smoking area available.
- This tour can also be included in the Pinnacles tour.