DURATION: Full Day
START TIME: 9h30
DISTANCE: 12 KM
- This tour is not suitable for children 12 years and younger. It is a stunning trek, but easy to underestimate.
- You will get muddy and dirty, bring old clothes and good walking/rubber shoes (NO sandals)
- Yes, leeches are guaranteed on this excursion.
- This tour takes you to an enclosed valley that can only be entered via Deer Cave. The Valley was actually a part of Deer Cave and geologically can be described as a doline or collapsed cave feature.
- From the Garden of Eden pools you will follow the Eden river, jungle trekking to more rock pools. Here you can swim and enjoy your picnic lunch before returning to Deer cave.
- After exiting from Deer Cave your guide will show you Lang Cave and leave you at the Bat Observatory. You can then decide to watch the Bat Exodus or make your way back to the Park Office via the Deer Cave walk when you are ready.
- This 12 km trail leads you over slippery terrain, bat guano and through water.
- No additional charge for Deer and Lang cave tour when combined with this walk. Please note this package to avoid duplication.
- Heavy rainfall in the area may mean cancellation of this tour at short notice.
Ability to swim is essential.
Bring your own torch light and packed lunch (which can be ordered from Mulu Café)